Every few days, ask yourself an illuminating question – a reflective query that moves you beyond your traditional way of thinking.
Typical questions are well suited to addressing routine situations. You basically know what to expect. Illuminating questions are perfect for exploring what is beyond the beyond. The Universe is infinitely grand. What is outside of it?
Here are several standard questions. Contrast them with the illuminating ones below.
- How can I get a promotion?
- What do I have to do to get noticed?
- How can I achieve greater success?
- What is the secret to making more money?
- What would change the whole game for me?
- How can I let things be easier?
- What joy would I like to give the world?
- How can I truly be more helpful to my customers?
Illuminating questions help you to enjoyably pause and reflect on where you are now and on where you could be heading. They invite you into the realm of new possibilities and options. There are no incorrect answers when you just consider and explore fresh perspectives. Gently take yourself past your programmed habits of thought and into a larger domain.
Here are a few more questions to get you started on your own:
What could I let go of?
What could help me that I don’t currently know about?
How would I like to be optimally engaged with the world?
What are some possibilities that I haven’t yet imagined?
How do you think?