Here are five quick tips to help you bring in more business. Implement the suggestion that best resonates with you now. Return back to incorporate a second recommendation in about four months.
1) Focus on your intent. Results tend to follow when you are crystal clear on what you plan to accomplish. Remind yourself on a daily basis of your performance goals. Carefully consider why they are important to you. Let go of any doubts or reservations you are harbouring. Know with certainty that you can make gradual, consistent progress.
2) Be attentive and helpful. Today’s sales person is more of a helper and less of a pitcher. To the extent you assist clients the more likely they will buy from you. Expressed another way, if you want to get more sales, you need to give more service. Regularly ask yourself what else you can do to provide greater value as perceived by your customer. At the conclusion of your day, spend two minutes considering the degree to which you assisted others. How can you take this up a notch?
3) Thank customers. Behaviour that is reinforced tends to be repeated. So when you express gratitude and appreciation to clients, you increase the probability of receiving additional business. At a deeper level, saying ‘thank you’ is a celebration of your past, present, and future success.
4) Leverage your imagination. In your creative mind, see yourself closing more sales. Visualize customers buying from you. Recognize that your outer world is a reflection of your inner world. Believe you can, and you will close more sales. Catch yourself when you are persisting on a negative train of thought. Mentally say “cancel – cancel”. Think, “each day in every way I am improving my closing capabilities”. Then see youself headed where you want to be – effectively selling to customers.
5) Sell yourself, on yourself. Sales is a magical metaphor for life, isn’t it? Every day you buy into how the world is for you and that picture eventually becomes your reality. Subscribe to the dynamics of optimism, success, and prosperity in all your professional endeavours. Believe in your current capabilities, the things you do well. Be sold too on your potential to improve, to learn new things, to grow and evolve. That is why we are here. Achieve more – membership is lifetime.